Wednesday, March 23, 2011

What a Difference a Day Makes!

     Tuned in for the second attempt at a web conference, and I am very happy with the experience. I felt respected and valued and I learned a great deal about technology integration, specifically about some new Web 2.0 tools I had not heard about before.
     There were quite a few questions about the LCE, ILD, and TK20, but they were fortunately deflected in favor of topics NOT answered by Dr. Cortez-Rucker. Off topic: I took my LCE back in February and was pleased to meet and chat with Dr. Rucker. It was a very positive experience and I was home by 2 PM (a three hour drive!) 
     Back the conference: Dr. Cummings was very adept at managing the crowd, and maintained an environment of mutual respect. She took control periodically to summarize or clarify, and I now have a better idea how 100 people can interact positively and productively.
     Some things I plan to investigate as a result of the conference: Jing, SuccessMakers, and Prezi. 









  

No comments:

Post a Comment